How to Adjust Brightness: Nowadays, most individuals perform their job on laptops or computers. Millions of individuals work 8 to 9-hour shifts in front of their computers daily. But do you know how much harm the light from your screen does to your eyes? Because of the Brightness of your System, your eyes become tired. You could improve your eye health by adjusting the brightness of your screen. Many people overlook it, yet your computer’s Brightness is critical to your eyes’ health.
The keyboard is the quickest way to adjust the Brightness of your computer. However, if the keys do not function for some reason, there are additional ways to adjust the brightness of your screen. In this post, we’ll show you how to change the brightness of your computer screen using different techniques.
How to adjust the Brightness in Windows 10?
If you’re experiencing headaches, the Brightness of your computer could be to blame. You’ll be able to adjust your screen brightness manually, automatically, or based on battery life, power plan, or ambient light with the help of this guide.
Here are several examples:
- Manually adjust the Brightness in Windows 10
- Automatically adjust the Brightness in Windows 10
- Adaptive Brightness allows you to adjust the Brightness of your PC.
- Using Shortcuts, you can adjust the brightness of your Windows 10 system.
- Why should we adjust the Brightness of our computer?
Manually adjust the Brightness in Windows 10
You may adjust the Brightness of your machine directly using the keyboard or the Windows Mobility Center. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Click the ‘Start’ button, then the ‘Settings’ button, and finally the ‘System’ button.
- Select Display and then Brightness and Color option.
- You can adjust the brightness of your screen using the Brightness and Color slider to suit your eye’s comfort.
Keyboard: The computer’s keyboard features specific keys for adjusting the Brightness based on the health of your eyes. We’re using a Dell laptop here, showing you an image of it with the brightness key turned on.
- Press the ‘Fn + Brightness key’ to adjust your Brightness.
- Alternately, you can use Windows Mobility Center to adjust changes. Follow these easy instructions.
- Go to the Mobility Centre after clicking the Start button.
- You can now adjust brightness of your screen using the Display Brightness slider.
How do I automatically adjust the Brightness in Windows 10?
You can adjust the Brightness of your Windows 10 machine by enabling the battery saver feature. To accomplish this, follow the steps below.
- Go to the settings option after clicking on the start button.
- You must now select the System option.
- Select Battery and then Battery Saver Settings.
- Now, select Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below a certain level.
5. Using the sidebar, adjust the percentage battery level.
6. Also, while in the power saver mode, click on the Lower screen brightness option.
Using the Adaptive Brightness option.
If you have Windows 10, you can use this method because it is a feature of Windows 10. It allows the machine to auto-adjust its Brightness based on its surroundings.
Please remember that this feature will only work if your System contains a brightness sensor. Because of their conserving nature, the systems in which this sensor is present have long battery life. Therefore, to use this to adjust the illumination of your System, follow these simple instructions.
- Go to System, then to Settings.
- If your System has a brightness sensor, you will see the option- Change Brightness automatically when lighting changes; now check it ON.
Note: If you don’t see this option, it means your System lacks a brightness sensor.
Adjust the Brightness Using Shortcuts
There are also shortcuts to adjust the resolution of your Windows 10 screen. In this guide, we’ll go through two shortcuts. Follow these methods to change the resolution of your Windows 10 computer using these shortcuts.
- Navigate to the notification Icon.
- You’ll be able to adjust this by dragging the sidebar.
- If the icon is unavailable, go to Start, Settings, System, and Notifications & Actions.
- Select Edit your Quick Actions now.
- Select Add, then Brightness, and then click the Done button.
Why is this necessary for our computers?
We all know how vital the eyes are to the body. If we do not care, we may face a severe problem in the future. In today’s world, we are becoming increasingly reliant on computers, laptops, and mobile gadgets. And we’re using these technologies without any safeguards. If we use these devices regularly, the light emitted by their screens may injure our eyes.
Adjusting the Brightness is an excellent option
We cannot live in this era without a mobile phone and a laptop or computer. So, in this situation, adjusting the Brightness of our devices is a fantastic way to keep our eyes protected. I hope this information helped resolve your issues.
Questions and Answers
Is it possible to adjust the Brightness of Windows 10 using the keyboard?
Yes, you can do this with keyboard shortcuts; however, it is dependent on your keyboard. You can’t accomplish it if your keyboard lacks the necessary buttons.
What is the Windows 10 keyboard shortcut for adjusting the Brightness?
Fn+F4 can be used on a Dell laptop to reduce Brightness, while Fn+F5 can be used to increase Brightness.
ALSO SEE:Windows 11