The Sky TV remote is one of the best in terms of build quality and general functionality. It can, however, fail, just like any other remote. Nothing is more infuriating than a broken tv remote. If your Sky TV remote isn’t working, you can submit it to one of the authorized Sky TV repair shops or purchase a new one. Both choices are costly, and as a Sky TV user, you should look into other possibilities first. The steps below will show you how to repair your Sky TV remote.
However, before you begin, ensure your TV is linked to the correct HDMI/Video channel or AV.
Solution #1: Check the batteries
Discharged batteries can cause your remote to cease working. Fortunately, monitoring the status of these batteries is not a difficult task. Simply:
- Put the batteries in another remote; if it works, you need to do more testing.
- If not, the batteries must be replaced. Purchase your fresh batteries only from reputable retailers.
- In some situations, it can be questioned to distinguish exhausted batteries from broken remotes.
- If the Sky remote, for example, is not working but the red light indicates that the batteries are low.
Solution #2: Wash the remote
After ensuring that the batteries are in good working order, the following step is to clean your remote. Dirt might clog the buttons on your Sky remote.
The following cleaning technique, however, does not apply to the Sky Q remote.
- Remove the batteries from your Sky remote first.
- Clean the buttons carefully with a cotton swab dipped in water.
- Repeat the procedure for any other areas that may have dirt.
If the volume on the Sky remote is not working, open the remote and clean the circuit board with a dry cotton swab.
To minimize further damage, only use a slightly moist cotton swab to wipe the Sky remote. Here’s a video tutorial:
Solution #3. Resetting the Sky Box and remote
It is technical to reset the Sky Box and remote, but it works. Before restarting the box and the remote, try connecting the Sky remote to the Sky Box.
- If you cannot sync the two devices, proceed with the steps below.
- Continuously push the on/off button on your Sky Box for roughly five seconds.
- The red light will turn green after five seconds.
- The box will then power off and restart.
- Wait another 60 seconds for the Sky Box to return to the station you were watching before the reboot.
- The remote may not work after resetting the Sky Box.
- In this instance, you must contact the Sky support team for more assistance.
Have you resolved the problem of the Sky remote not working?
The three options have worked for most people who have encountered this problem, and you do not need to purchase a new remote. If you can still not watch your favorite channel, remove all electronics near the Sky Box that may interfere with the remote’s signal reception. Contrary to common opinion, most Sky remotes, including the Sky Q remote, may be repaired.
Did these techniques work for you? Do you have a different solution? Please, after keeping in mind our given solutions, share your thoughts in the comments below if it works for you.
There are numerous other reasons why the Sky remote may not be working, but this is the most important one to consider. The processes outlined above are the most typical causes of the Sky remote not working.
If it still does not work, call Sky Support and explain the problem; they will give you a new remote. You do not need to connect the Sky remote to the Skybox to use it; press the power button on the remote.