Thanks to its smooth operating system and simple navigation, Vizio TV is one of the most trusted TV brands. However, a recent problem has been causing viewers to have a dreadful experience in which visuals do not appear, yet sound works perfectly. I researched deeper and realized that this flaw might impact any TV model, including newer versions. It is what I discovered after more research:
If your Vizio TV has sound and lighting but no picture, you must reset or power cycle it. For sound problems, consult this audio troubleshooting guide.
Because a software glitch generally causes the error, these simple measures should fix it immediately. You should also inspect and repair any loose connections that may interfere with the images. But wait, there’s more. Here is a detailed look at the answers to this specific situation.
How to Restart a Vizio TV
Because you can’t restart your TV using the remote, power cycling will do the trick. The straightforward procedure resolves all issues, even the set not displaying images.
To restart your Vizio TV, follow these steps:
- Firstly, remove the power cord from the wall.
- Locate and hold the power button on the set’s side for five seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord
- Turn on the television.
If a bug causes the issue, the black screen will disappear. Therefore, power cycles should be performed regularly to avoid such issues in the future. If the problem persists following this procedure, it is recommended that the connections be checked.
Examine all connections
A loose cable connection is one of the most common causes of Vizio TV visual failure. The display may be dim or black if the set is not correctly connected.
To confirm that the cables are correctly connected, do the following:
- Turn off your television (if it is still on)
- Check the HDMI connections to see if they are securely attached.
- Repeat the process for composite and coaxial connections. If they are loose, tighten them.
- Turn on the television.
- The cables may be worn out in some circumstances. Before reconnecting your Vizio TV, replace it with an excellent high-speed line, such as the Ivanka 4K HDMI cable.
Reset your Vizio television.
If your Vizio TV has power but no picture, even with secure cable connections, it needs to be reset.
However, the procedure is different because you cannot use a remote. Fortunately, the Vizio TV can still be reset without needing a remote.
- To reset a Vizio TV that is not showing images.
- Turn on the television (if it is not already on) and look for the buttons on the side.
- Hold down the volume and input buttons for 15 seconds.
- Because you can’t see the pop-up banner, press the input button.
- Wait a few seconds.
- The TV has now been reset to factory settings.
In most circumstances, you will see the image and hear the sound. Continue watching Smart TV after reconfiguring it (as it was before being reset). The problem is on the power board if you don’t see the image.
Replace the TV power supply.
You can skip this step and contact Vizio TV Technical Support if your warranty is still active. One of the essential components covered by your security is replacing the power board. If the warranty has expired, however, you can proceed with the power board replacement.
If you’ve previously repaired a smart TV, you must replace the power board. However, most Vizio TVs are repairable, so you won’t need special tools to open them up and replace any parts. However, the following items are required to replace the power board:
A suitable screwdriver
- A location for all of the screws to avoid misplacing them.
- A new power supply board for your specific television (Available on the Amazon site)
- Fuses (in case the Vizio TV has blown a fuse)
- If you have three items, you can replace the power board. To take its place:
- Unplug the television (if it is still plugged on the power)
Remove the back screws.
- Find the TV’s fuses (all Vizio TV models have five fuses)
- Replace any fuses that are damaged.
- Locate the cables that are attached to the board.
- Unscrew the board and disconnect the cables.
- Remove the old power board and install the new one.
- Reconnect the cables.
Removing the back cover
When you’ve done screwing back the back cover, the Vizio TV should have both picture and sound. However, you must utilize a power board with a matching model number. If you are unsure whether it is compatible, ask the store salesperson if they have the board for your TV model.
However, if the Vizio TV still does not display images after utilizing the proper power supply, see a specialist. While replacing the board, a professional diagnosis will uncover previously unknown flaws.
If you have never replaced a TV before, it is best to contact a qualified Vizio TV technician. Because it is an American corporation, it should take a professional a day to change the power board, depending on their schedule and the availability of a spare power board.
Contact Vizio TV customer service.
Even after a professional diagnosis, the Vizio TV may not work in some rare circumstances. If a certified expert cannot repair it, you should contact the company for further assistance and diagnosis. If essential , you may be forced to ship your set to one of their factories. The time it takes to repair the location depends on the factory’s workload.
Even though the warranty has expired, contacting the company serves two purposes. For starters, obtaining genuine Vizio TV spare parts is the most reliable option. Second, the organization employs experts that are more experienced in fixing Vizio TV of all models.
How can I repair a black screen of death on a Vizio TV 70-inch or a Vizio e470i-ao TV?
To begin assessing the problem, perform a sound test, a lights test, or a power and connections test. If you believe you need to fix a component, you can try to find a replacement part and install it yourself, or you can contact a repair professional.
What are some of the potential issues with Vizio TV?
A flashing screen and problems downloading apps are two of the most prevalent issues that users have reported with their Vizio TV. A flickering display could be caused by a damaged cable or a poor connection, and if apps aren’t downloading, power cycling the TV is the first thing to do.
ALSO SEE:YouTube TV Freezing
If your Vizio TV has a backlight and sound but no picture, the issue could be a minor bug or a defective power board.
As a result, before considering power board replacement, attempt the easy troubleshooting solutions listed above. The good thing about Vizio TV is that they are easily repaired.