Are you experiencing the “Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll is Missing” error? Don’t be concerned! This article will discuss the best way to resolve the error. Do you have any idea? There are various system data types in Windows, each with its function.
Simple examples range from Visual C files to DirectX drivers. This type of content falls under the category of additional partitions. Even if it isn’t installed, it shouldn’t cause problems with the computer, so it can still be used commonly. It’s different if you want to install and launch large programs. An error message may appear if the required system data is missing. One of them is “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing,” which will be discussed further below.
” Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll is Missing ” Causes Message of Error
The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is a component of Visual Credits.
You may be seeing this message because you have not installed the application.
Furthermore, this message may appear if any of the following conditions exist:
- The registry is corrupt.
- The DLL file has been deleted (accidentally).
- There is a virus present.
- Incorrect setting.
Most Windows applications, including games and drivers, require runtime files. As a result, if an error appears, it will almost certainly be very inconvenient. Take it easy, though. There is, in fact, a solution. We discussed how to resolve the “BOOTMGR Is Missing” issue in a previous article, which you can read here.
How to Fix “Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll Is Missing”
So, there are a few steps you can try to fix this. Please follow the steps outlined below. Then, hopefully, the problem will be fixed, and the apps you want to open will be able to function normally.
1. Add Visual Credits
Visual Credits (Microsoft Visual C ++) are a system component that must be installed to run a specific program, enabling the C and C ++ programming languages.
This file was not installed by default when Windows was first installed. As a result, we must install it ourselves.
How? Please take the following steps:
- Download the first version of Visual C ++ from Microsoft’s website.
- Launch the application.
- Check the box in the Accept License Agreement column.
- Select Install.
- Please wait for it to complete before closing the installer.
Yes, there are numerous versions of Visual Credits. Among them are:
- As well as others.
What version should I use? I advise installing everything so that the message “runtime-lApi-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing” is completely removed. You can also watch the video for a detailed installation process overview. There are a few more suggestions:
2. Restore the Visual Credits Program
If you previously installed Visual Credits, the program may be experiencing errors or not functioning correctly. Because this condition is possible, there is a chance that specific errors will be triggered. For instance, ” crt runtime l1, etc., missing.” If you get an error like this Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll, you can either reinstall the program or repair it:
- Please navigate to the Control Panel (you can search it via the search column ).
- Select Program and Features after typing the Program icon.
- Visual Credits 2015 or Visual Credits 2017 are good places to start.
- Right-click and select Change, then Repair.
- Please then retest the application error that appeared in the earlier message “runtime missing.” If that doesn’t work, try repairing all Visual Credits in the Control Panel.
3. Set up the NET Framework
NET Framework, like Visual Credits, is a system application required by specific programs. Although not directly related, installing this program can help reduce the ” crt runtime ” Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll you are experiencing.
The procedure is as follows:
- Download the first.NET Framework from Microsoft’s website (download the latest version).
- Launch the application.
- Examine the License column.
- To proceed, click Install.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- In this case, restart the PC before running the error application.
4. Windows Update
Performing a Windows update has proven effective in resolving specific application problems, such as the message “Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. ” Each version of Windows has a unique update procedure.
For Windows 10, you can use the following method:
- Launch Windows Settings.
- Navigate to the Update & Security menu.
- Select Check For Updates.
- Then, if it is available, update.
- If that’s the case, please restart.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the Error Application
Aside from Visual Credits or other system programs, an application error can also cause the message “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.” For example, corruption during the installation process. This condition has the potential to corrupt the stored registry.
- Reinstall the problematic application as usual.
- I am using new and different data in apps (usually affects).
- Use the most recent version of the application.
- Oh, and don’t forget to uninstall the previous application before reinstalling it. To clean it, use CCleaner.
- Windows should be reinstalled.
- So that you know, the Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll file is located in the Windows folder.
- If you’ve tried installing Visual C ++ to the NET Framework and it still doesn’t work, the issue is most likely caused by the Windows system.
- The simplest solution is to reinstall Windows, then reinstall system programs and applications before testing again.
7. Run an antivirus scan on your computer.
Because the virus will attempt to delete essential files in the system, virus removal should be the first step you take before proceeding to the next. To get the best results, use a deep scan.
8. Set up DirectX or Direct3D.
On the other hand, the Direct program is more focused on handling various tasks related to multimedia programs such as games, video and photo editing applications, and so on.
- DirectX is a collection of programs from Direct3D such as DirectSound, DirectPlay, DirectMusic, and others.
- The following is an explanation of how to install DirectX:
- Please download the DirectX program from the official Microsoft website; for more information, the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer or the latest version is required.
- Open the Direct program and make sure it is running in administrator mode.
- Install as usual until it is done.
- If this is the case, please click Finish and restart your computer.
If you are still perplexed, I have created a particular tutorial on installing DirectX, which you can find here: How to Install DirectX to Fix Missing Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
9. Download and copy any missing DLL files.
You can restore the missing DLL files by redownloading them and copying them to the System32 and SysWOW64 directories. Both folders contain all of the dll files that the system uses. As a result, when you paste the Api-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll file into the two folders, the DLL file will be executed automatically.
Please go to the DLL-Fixer website.
- There will be various versions of the DLL file you require; please download the one corresponding to your Windows version (32bit/64bit).
- If so, copy the DLL file now.
- To open file explorer, press Windows + E, navigate to Local Disk C Windows, and locate the System32 & SysWOW64 folder.
- Then, paste the DLL file you downloaded earlier into the two folders.
- If everything went well, please restart your computer.
That concludes the discussion on resolving the error message “file crt-runtime-lApi-Ms-Win-Crt-Runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing.” The solutions presented above are quite effective. You can try them at a time. If it doesn’t work or you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.