Users of Windows 11 may encounter the Nvlddmkm.sys Error due to outdated NVIDIA graphics drivers. If this is causing problems on your Windows 11 computer, you will need to update or reinstall the driver. This troubleshooting guide discusses fixing Nvlddmkm.sys Error on Windows 11.
5 Solutions to the Nvlddmkm.sys Error in Windows 11
The first step is to install the latest NVIDIA graphics driver. There are four ways to update NVIDIA graphics drivers on your Windows 11 computer. It can be accomplished through the Device Manager, Windows updates, a third-party program, or the official website.
Update the NVIDIA graphics driver using Device Manager.
Follow the simple steps to update the NVIDIA graphics driver using Device Manager.
1. To open the Start Menu, press the Windows key on your keyboard. Next, open the Device Manager by searching for it in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.
2. Expand the Display Adapters section of the Device Manager by double-tapping it.
3. Now, right-click on the NVIDIA graphics driver and select Update Driver.
4. To update your NVIDIA drivers, select Search Automatically for drivers.
NVIDIA Graphics Driver Update via Windows Update
Windows Update is another method for updating the NVIDIA graphics driver. To do so, follow the simple steps mentioned here to resolve Nvlddmkm.sys Error :
1. Launch the Settings app on your Windows 11 computer. You can accomplish this by pressing the Windows + I key combination.
2. Then, tap on Windows Update on the Settings app’s left sidebar.
3. Tap on Check for updates on the right side.
4. The Optional Updates option will now appear; tap on it. Download and install the NVIDIA graphics driver update from this page, then restart your computer.
NVIDIA Graphics Driver Update from the Official Website
You can also install the NVIDIA graphics driver update from NVIDIA’s official website. First, you must visit NVIDIA’s official website, search for your graphics card, and download the most recent driver version. After that, install the driver on your PC to resolve the Nvlddmkm.sys Error Reddit.
Using a Third-Party App, Update NVIDIA Graphics Driver
The NVIDIA Graphics Driver can also be updated using third-party software. Use Driver Booster or DriverPack Solution to upgrade the driver. You can also download and install any program from the previously provided URL and then use the app to install the most recent driver version on your PC.
Install the NVIDIA Graphics Driver again.
You can reinstall the NVIDIA graphics driver if upgrading it does not resolve the Nvlddmkm.sys Error. To reinstall the NVIDIA graphics driver, follow the steps outlined below.
1. First, launch the Device Manager on your computer. To do so, press the Windows + X key combination and select Device Manager from the menu that appears.
2. Expand the Display Adapters in the Device Manager by double-tapping them.
3. In the Display Adapters section, right-click the NVIDIA graphics driver and select Uninstall Device. When prompted to confirm uninstalling the device, select Uninstall.
4. Reboot your device to reinstall the graphics driver. When you restart your device, the driver and Nvlddmkm will be reinstalled. The system error should be corrected.
Nvlddmkm.sys Error Windows 11 is now fixed.
ALSO SEE:Error Code 0x80070490 Easy Fixes
There are only two ways to fix the Nvlddmkm.sys Error in Windows 11. To begin with, this nvlddmkm.sys, the driver, must be updated or reinstalled to resolve the Failed Windows 11 Reddit Error. If you follow the procedures above to update or reinstall the driver, you should be able to resolve the issue.