What should you do if you receive the Windows Update Error 0x80070643 while updating? When Windows updates fail to install, the following error code 0x80070643 may appear 0x80070643 – Failed to install on (date). Error 0x80070643 can also occur when installing or updating any Windows application. Please keep in mind that the instructions in this article apply to Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
13 SolutionsTo Fix Error 0x80070643
13 Methods to Resolve Error 0x80070643 on Windows 10 PC 2022 – What should you do if you receive error 0x80070643 while updating? When Windows updates fail to install, the following error code 0x80070643 may appear:
How to Repair Error 0x80070643 on a Windows 10 Computer 2022
Error 0x80070643 can also appear when installing or updating any Windows application.
- The source of error is 0x80070643
The error code 0x80070643 is typically caused by incorrectly configured system settings, corrupted drivers, malware or virus infection, corrupted or missing system files, or an old program version that was not correctly removed when a new version was downloaded.
When a Windows computer or tablet is improperly shut down or disconnected from a power source while in use, error 0x80070643 can occur. If you notice malware on your computer, use your antivirus software to detect and remove it before proceeding.
How to Fix Error 0x80070643 on a Windows 10
If you encounter error 0x80070643 on your device, try the following solutions until the message disappears and the update is successful:
1. Restart the installation process.
Attempting to install or update again may work in some cases. It is how to fix error 0x80070643 on Windows 10 or other versions, which is quite simple and can resolve the issue immediately. So, before proceeding with further troubleshooting, it’s worth trying at least one more time.
2. Examine your internet connection
If the update requires a connection to an online server, a faulty internet connection may cause the installation to fail. There are several ways to fix a slow internet connection if the internet speed test reveals a weak link.
3. Exit all other programs.
Other programs can sometimes interfere with updates or installations by accessing essential files and consuming device resources. Close all open programs on your Windows laptop and any running in the background (like Zoom, Telegram, etc.).
4. Download files again
If you download an update or app and receive the Error 0x80070643, the file may have become corrupted during the download process. Redownload to see if that resolves the issue. Delete the original files you downloaded first to avoid installing them instead of the new download.
5. Remove and reinstall the app
The existing version of the app may be corrupted if error 0x80070643 occurs during an app update.
- Remove the program using the Windows uninstaller, then reinstall it.
- You do not need to update it because the most recent version is already installed.
- To uninstall an app in Windows 10, right-click its name in the Start Menu and choose Uninstall.
6. Put a stop to the current download and update.
Other downloads and updates may conflict with the application being updated. Open the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10, click the ellipse (…) in the upper right corner, then click Downloads and updates. Check that no other apps have been updated or installed before attempting the installation.
7. Launch the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Windows Update Troubleshooter searches for and resolves issues with the operating system and application updates.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter > Windows Update and select Run Troubleshooter.
Tip: If you encounter error 0x80070643 while running, installing, or updating relatively old software, launch the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, which is accessible from the same screen as the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
8. Reboot the computer.
Rebooting a Windows PC can resolve various issues on a Windows laptop or computer.
9. Install the most recent.NET Framework.
A corrupted.NET Framework can cause installation and update Error 0x80070643. Ascertain that the most recent Microsoft.NET Framework update is installed on the computer.
10. Execute the.NET Framework Repair Tool.
If you have the most recent.NET Framework update and still receive error 0x80070643, use the.NET Framework Repair Tool.
11. Turn off antivirus software
Antivirus software is notorious for interfering with application installations and system functions.
- Please turn off any installed software before updating or installing it again.
- After you finish this task, restart your antivirus program.
12. Run an SFC scan
An SFC scan on a computer can detect and repair corrupted system files.
- To run a scan, open Command Prompt and enter sfc /scannow.
- Restart the Windows Installer.
- Windows Installer errors occasionally generate error 0x80070643.
- Open Windows Services, highlight Windows Installer and click the Restart link on the left.
That is how to resolve error 0x80070643 in Windows 10 for any laptop or PC. Hopefully, this short guide will assist you in resolving errors on your Windows laptop. Don’t forget to bookmark and return to Technowizah.com daily because you can find here the latest Tech Computer Android games How-to Guide Tips&Tricks Software Review, which we update daily.