Hulu is a streaming service app that offers a variety of movies and popular TV shows. It has a large user base and provides a quick user experience. However, it would be best to have stable internet connectivity to enjoy uninterrupted streaming as an online streaming service provider. Hulu error code 504 indicates a gateway timeout problem. If the server is down for maintenance, this can happen. However, a solution is always available to resolve the issue from the user’s perspective. So, before contacting Hulu’s official support, try the basic troubleshooting steps and see if the streaming works appropriately.
Hulu Error Code 504 Causes
The error code 504 can occur for a variety of reasons. As a result, it is always beneficial to understand the root cause of a problem. Here are some significant factors influencing Hulu streaming and resulting in error code 504.
Users rely heavily on smart devices for everything from work to entertainment. As a result, the devices would record a large amount of cache information, aiding in the smooth operation of the applications. However, it would be a problem if the cache accumulated to the point where it hampered device performance and caused Error code 504 . Therefore, users must ensure that stocks are cleared regularly to avoid Error code 504 .
Streaming services such as Hulu can limit the region of people who can sometimes access the service. As a result, it may disrupt service, but users can avoid this by using a VPN to mask their location.
The user may also encounter the problem of the Windows Firewall preventing Hulu streaming. However, the user can allow the listing service to continue using it on the same device. It will enable the user to continue using the Hulu streaming service without interruption.
DNS Configuration Problem
There is a chance that the users did not configure the DNS server correctly, which could affect internet access. Even if users can connect to the internet, the Hulu streaming site will be involved. Users can try switching to a different DNS server to see if the streaming site works properly.
It is necessary to check whether the application is up to date or not because the streaming platform will frequently fix bugs and glitches through updates.
How to Resolve Hulu Error Code 504
The following are some potential troubleshooting methods for error code 504.
Step 1: Reboot the router.
- It is the first and most crucial step that users should take before proceeding with any technical troubleshooting.
- The user should turn off the modem/router, which can be accomplished by unplugging the device from the power supply.
- Wait 3-4 minutes before reconnecting the modem/router to the power supply.
- Now, the user can activate and launch the Hulu streaming site on their desktop or mobile device to see if everything is working correctly.
Step 2: Delete the Web Browser’s Cache
To have a fast streaming experience, the user must clean the cache regularly.
Web Browser for the Desktop
1. Launch Google Chrome and select the three-dot “Menu” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Click the “Clear Browsing Data” option from the drop-down menu and click the “More Tool” button. Users can also use the shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+Del” to go directly to that page.
3. Check the “Cookie” and “Cache” boxes before selecting the “Clear Data” option.
4. Restart your browser and visit the Hulu website.
Making Use of Mobile Devices
1. Navigate to and open the “Settings” menu on your mobile device.
2. Navigate to the “Apps” menu and select “Hulu” from the available options.
3. Go to the “Storage” tab and click the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” buttons.
4. Following the clearing process, the user can test the streaming site to see if the problem of Error code 504 has been fixed.
Step 3: Modify the DNS Server
The user can experiment with changing the DNS Server, which affects internet access.
1. Go to the “Start” menu and Click the “Run” option. Alternatively, you can open the Run prompt by pressing the shortcut key +.
2. In the text box, type “ncpa.cpl” to open the network management window.
3. Right-click on the Wifi connection in the pop-up window and select “Properties.”
4. Select the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option and double-click it.
5. Select the “Use following DNS server address” option in the properties section.
6. Now, enter the DNS addresses one by one.
22.214.171.124 is preferred.
Alternate IP address: 126.96.36.199
7. Finally, click the “Apply” button and click “Ok” to close the window.
Step 4: Use a VPN to resolve Error Code 504
In some areas, the Hulu streaming service may be restricted. However, the users can always use the VPN to change their location. Check for and download a reliable VPN for the streaming device from the official Playstore, Appstore, or Microsoft store.
Step 5: Ensure Internet Stability
Because Hulu is an online streaming platform, users must have a stable internet connection to enjoy uninterrupted streaming services.
1. At first, the user must disconnect all network-connected devices.
2. Restart the device after closing all background processes.
3. Use third-party testing apps to determine internet speed.
4. To maximize connectivity, move the modem/router closer to the device or connect it as broadband.
Step 6: Change the Windows Firewall Configuration
1. Go to the “Start” menu and select the “Run” option.
2. Enter “Control Firewall.cpl” and press the Enter key.
3. Choose “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.”
4. Select “Change settings” and the “Allow another App” button at the bottom.
5. Click the “Browse” button and navigate to the installation folder for Hulu.
6. Click the “Add” button to close the window.
Step 7: Update the Hulu Streaming App
The user should always keep the application up to date to get the best experience.
Making Use of Windows Devices
1. Launch Microsoft Store, click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the app and select “Download and Updates.”
2. Navigate to the Hulu application and check for updates.
3. Once the application has been updated, users can try logging in to see if the error code 504 has been fixed.
Using iOS and Android Devices
ALSO SEE:Hulu Error Code 5005 Easy Steps
1. Go to the respective app stores and use the search bar to look for the Hulu app.
2. Once the result is displayed, the user can check for the availability of updates.
3. The user can log in after updating the app to check for Error code 504 .
Utilizing a Roku Device
1. Start the Roku TV and go to the home screen.
2. Navigate to the “System Updates” option after selecting “Settings.”
3. Press the “Check Now” button and wait for the device to process.
4. Download and install the updates to continue watching Hulu without interruption.